Center for Greek Studies Registration Information

San Francisco State University Students may register online or through the SF State touchtone system. For more information on registration at San Francisco State University, please see the SF State Registrar information page.

College of Extended Learning

Any adult in the community may enroll in University courses without being formally admitted to the University. To find out details of enrollment, please contact SF State College of Extended Learning at (415) 405-7700.

Open University

Through Open University anyone who is not formally admitted to SFSU may participate in regular university classes. Registration is easy - formal admission to SF State is not required.

High school students who will have completed their junior year by June may register with the written support of their principal or counselor accompanying their registration form and fees.

Earning Credit Toward a Degree Through Open University

Open University courses are recorded as resident credit on SF State transcripts and can count toward undergraduate and graduate degrees at SF State, but there are limitations.

Please contact the Registrar's office at (415) 338-2350 before registration to determine if you are eligible for Open University. Matriculated (admitted) SF State students may not enroll through Open University. Fees can be made to the Bursar's office in Student Services Building or ADM building. 

For more information please visit the College of Extended Learning website.


Eldercollege is for people age 50 or older who want to enroll in SF State classes for fun or personal enrichment. Eldercollege students may enroll in any fall or spring semester class on a space available, noncredit basis. Fees are usually $55 a semester, but they are subjected to change. Eldercollege participants have access to the J. Paul Leonard Library, the Cesar Chavez Student Center, and most other campus facilities. Please note that courses offered through the College of Extended Learning are not part of this program.

To enroll: Attend the first class meeting. Obtain the instructor's signature or permit sticker on the College of Extended Learning registration worksheet if the instructor approves your admission to the class. Enroll by returning the form to the College of Extended Learning office.

For more information, please call the Eldercollege at (415) 405-7700 or visit the Eldercollege website.